Hooray! After some marathon quilting last night and binding this morning, I have finished the camouflage and orange quilt and it is all ready to be shipped out to its new home. Since this quilt is for a hunter, I decided to name it Daybreak in the Woods.
This quilt really was not my cup of tea, but I guess it would be unreasonable to expect that a teenage boy/hunter and I would share the same style. I hope it's just right for him!
I went with wide stripes on the backing, with a large stripe of camo fabric at the top so that it will be very visible when turned down on the bed. This quilt is a large queen size (about 85" x 100"), so it was a monster to quilt. It took some serious muscles to stipple this on my Bernina!
I felt like this quilt was so dark that it needed a bright binding, and I think the orange really does the trick.
One thing I do like about this quilt is the depth that the various shades of orange and green create. I really wanted the entire quilt to take on a pixelated camouflage look, and I think it works.
This one is getting shipped off this afternoon, and I am so glad it is finished. I am ready to work on something girly!