Well, I have made the most of the remaining days of my Spring Break, and finished the hot pink and camouflage quilt this morning. I hope it is exactly what the recipient had in mind.
Even though the camouflage isn't "in your face," I really think (hope) it's just enough. Plus, as I mentioned in my last post, I included a large chunk at the top of the backing, so that when it is turned down on the bed, there will be plenty visible.
The section of pink camo on the back is 25 inches wide, so it can be turned down quite a bit to just see the camo, but if she wants to turn the quilt back a little further, she will see a bit of the cute brown polkadot as well.
Another thing that was requested was a monogram on one of the blocks, and I think it adds such a cute, personal touch. I decided to put the monogrammed block on the bottom corner so that it will drape off of the end of the bed.
I had just enough fabric left over for a scrappy binding, and I like the way it frames the quilt. The finished quilt measures approximately 81" x 99" and will fit her queen sized bed perfectly!
All in all, even though this quilt in not my personal preference, I think it turned out well. Because it is so far outside of my usual style, this quilt was tough for me. I have second guessed myself throughout the entire process, and I am looking forward to sending it off to its new home. I truly hope she loves it!