I've done swirls before, but these are nested together, which I found a little bit easier to control. With this motif, I could easily avoid quilting myself into a corner by adding another ring on the spiral, making sure that I was heading in the right direction. The one part that is a little trickier is the fact that it includes lots of little overlapping stitches, so that took a little bit of practice. I like the result on this, but I will definitely be doing some practicing to make my spirals a little more uniform.
Last week's party was amazing! Georgi at The Shy One Sews shared this fun quilt-
This bit of improv awesomeness is from Luna Lovequilts.
and check out this beauty from Sew Preeti Quilts-
Okay y'all! Time to share what's going on in your sewing space this week!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!
*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop" when selecting your thumbnail photo. For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work! :)