I finished up my Pop Star quilt this weekend, and I can say with certainty that this color palette is one that I will have to use again. I love it!
I found the perfect shade of purple polkadot for the backing and added a stripe of the turquoise tile print. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I thought I measured properly, when I basted it, the backing was about two inches too short. AARGH! I had to peel the whole thing off of the floor and figure out a plan. Luckily I had a just enough of the tile print left to add a stripe to the top to make it long enough.
Basting is absolutely my least favorite part of the quilting process, and I had to do it twice to fix my mistake, but I must admit that it was a bit of a happy accident. I think the top stripe looks pretty cool!
One of my favorite parts of this pattern is the cross shape in the negative space. Plus, the fact that the blocks are 18 inches made this quilt pretty quick and fun to make. This finished quilt measures 54" x 72." I am madly working on the Pop Star pattern in this size, plus twin and queen sizes, so be on the lookout for it soon!