As with most quilts that are out of my comfort zone, I was relieved to get this one finished. It actually grew on me the longer I worked on it. My eyes just needed to adjust to the pastels, I think. Brights are definitely still my preference though.
I pieced the backing with scraps from the back, and chose to bind it in the darkest gray chevron. Instead of making my usual label, I included a simple message for the recipient. I decided to name this one First Light, because the pinks, aquas, and soft grays remind me of the sun peeking over the horizon at dawn. Even though the name isn't actually on the quilt, I decided to name it anyway for myself.
I can't wait to see her face when she opens it up (along with the matching burp cloths) at the shower. I just know she's going to love it!
Without further ado, let's check out some of the awesomeness from last week's party. Kate at Life in Pieces shared these beautiful blocks!
This triangle quilt from A Note to Follow Sew really caught my eye. The colors are really gorgeous!
and this baby girl quilt top from Quilts and Such is super sweet!
Okay friends, Time to party!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!