Lately, I've been working on a little baby quilt made with Bonnie and Camille's Happy Go Lucky fabrics.
You may remember A Dash of Luck, my giant churn dash quilt made from this line. Well, from a full fat quarter bundle, I was left with one 7.5(ish) inch square of each of the prints. I've been hanging onto them, trying to figure out the best pattern to stretch them into a quilt of decent size.
I finally decided to keep it very simple and cut the squares in half, sew them into rows of "bricks," and sash them with Kona Coal. Even still, I had to throw in some solid navy, white, and some cute orange and green polkadot fabrics to make the quilt big enough. It will finish at about 45x52 inches. When the quilt is turned the other way, it kind of looks like a coin quilt, although the bricks are 3 inches, which is a bit wide for "coins."
I'm not really sure what the plan is for this one yet. I've been thinking that I want to start donating to the large children's hospital here to use for preemies, and our guild has some plans for that. But I don't know any of the size requirements for those kinds of donations. So once it's finished,I'll probably just hang onto this one until I find out!