I had so much fun creating this one! I chose to back the quilt with a tiny black and white polkadot, and I used up some of my leftover strips to make a rainbow stripe to add some interest. There is just something about the black and white against those brights. The colors just sing!
For some reason, I couldn't get the polkadot fabric to photograph properly, but you can see it in the close up below.
With a quilt like this, I really could have chosen any color binding, but because the strips are busy, I wanted it to be solid. I also knew that I wanted a cool color so that the binding would blend into the background of the quilt. I chose Kona Oasis, and I love it!
The finished quilt measures 62" x 62." I have wanted to make a warm/cool quilt for a long time, and I'm so glad I finally did it!
Now, check out some of the amazing features from last week's NTT. This mini from Kris at Sew Sunshine is so fantastically modern!
Emily from Cardboard Boxes and Paper Hearts shared this fun Hopscotch quilt. Beautiful!
and Cynthia from Quilting is More Fun Than Housework shared a tutorial for this sweet Half Hexie Baby Quilt.
Okay then, it's time to party!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!