I had enough Cameo fabric scraps to make twelve 12 inch improv blocks. I wanted to be able to use all stash/scraps for this quilt (front and back) so I decided to use only nine of the blocks on the front, and used the other three across the back.
I didn't have very much of the gray fabric for the backing, so I had to supplement with some solid white, which I usually don't prefer on quilt backs. I don't know why, but I don't mind using lots of white on the front but not the back. For some weird reason, I always think that white on the back will get too dirty. I'm not really sure that the back will get any more wear than the front, so who knows? That being said, I really love the fresh look the white adds, and the colors stand out so well against it.
I picked out an ultra-bright shade of poppy red binding, which incidentally, is the only fabric I had to buy for this little quilt, and I like how it turned out. It is a little bit brighter than the shade in the Cameo fabric, but I like it anyway. It's one of those fabrics that is so bright, it almost hurts your eyes to look at too much of it, which is why I think using it for the binding is perfect!
I decided to call this one Confetti Toss, and it is such a fun quilt! It finished up at 36x36 inches- a perfect size to donate to a little one in need of some comfort and cheer.
On a completely unrelated topic- I'm pretty annoyed with picmonkey right now. They have completely revamped their site, and now I can't use it with my laptop browser (which is school issued, so I have to have permission to update my browser). I can go upstairs and use my desktop in the office, but I like to be able to do lots of my blog stuff downstairs while I watch TV, etc.
Anyway, I edited these pics in fotor, which was fine, but the text on some of my pictures is way too big, even though it is the same size font on each picture. It looked fine before I saved it, which is weird. Maybe I'll just have to play around with it. My problem with a few other sites is that I want all of my blog fonts to match. Picmonkey has my cursive font as a free option, and fotor imports all fonts from your computer for free. Other sites either don't offer my font at all, or it is a "premium" option. My OCD side won't let me have different fonts, so I've got to find a solution. I hate it when I think I've got something all figured out, and then something throws a wrench in my system. Darn you, picmonkey!