Today, even though it was below freezing, the sun was shining and there wasn't any wind, so, we braved the cold and went outside for recess. Our school dismisses at 4:00pm, so by the time I get home, there isn't enough sun to get great pictures in the winter. So I took the outside opportunity to get some sunshiny photos of my latest quilt with a little 3rd grade help (there are two kids holding the quilt from behind in this picture. They love holding them!).
I really do love the Kona Coal sashing, and I decided on a Denyse Schmidt orange print for the binding. I had to add in a few fabrics to make the quilt big enough, and since I used every bit of my Happy Go Lucky fabric in the top, the backing just got some blocks of color using those extras.
I'm calling this one Stepping Stones. I think it's bright and fun, and it reminds me of a path. I can't wait to donate this one to a child in need.
Last week's NTT had so many fantastic links shared! Here are a few that I just loved-
Barb at Mountain Quilt Works shared this fun Round and Round quilt top-
and Elise at Lovelea Designs shared her quilt and pattern, Gray Matter.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you're working on this week, so bring it on!
1. You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post to make it easier for others.
3. Spread the word and post my button or a text link.
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!